Telnet is generally used for checking connectivity from your location to your APC’s server destination ports. For example to check if the network you are using allows you to connect to a certain port at your server.
How to perform a telnet test from your location:
- Click “Start menu” go to “Run”
- In the “Run” box, type “CMD”
- With the command prompt open type: telnet <your APC server ip address> <port number>
- Example telnet 22.214.171.124 53
- If successful.
- If not successful you will see error "Connecting To <your APC server ip address>...Could not open connection to the host, on port <your port number>: Connect failed
- There are a number of reasons for the failure and we advice contacting us at email@example.com including providing screenshots of your telnet results above for APC to advice further.